Saturday, July 23, 2011

That's Amore!

First of all, let me apologize for my delay in posting this.  We went to this trailer on Tuesday and it is now Saturday morning.  I am a teacher and summer vacation has been super lazy until this week.  I had obligations (can you believe they make me do things in the summer! The audacity of some people) that pulled me away from my couch and computer for a couple of days.  I hope I do not leave off any scrumptious details but if I do, my only promise is that it shall not happen again!




Now to the goods.  So Tuesday, Meg and I head out to That's Amore on East Riverside for an early dinner.  The location is about a mile or maybe two from the highway next to a cool condo complex.  (Seriously would love to check out the pricing around there...super cute!)  The trailer "park" has three stands, That's Amore, a sno cone trailer, and another dessert trailer.  (This is where you get mad that it took me four days to write because I forget the names of the other trailers).  I do, however, remember the hours!  That's Amore is open Tuesday through Saturday from eleven til nine.  The dessert trailer, sadly, was closed when we went on Tuesday but is open Wednesday to Saturday.  The "park" has covered picnic tables (critical in this summer heat wave) and wood chip pathways.  We really enjoyed the atmosphere at this location.












So now we order.  That's Amore serves soups, salads, paninis, and desserts.  They also offer Miss Vickie's kettle chips and various drinks.  To begin with, I just want to say being decisive is neither my nor Meaghan's strong suit.  We could not decide on what to order to save our lives BUT, let this be a compliment to the menu.  Each panini is harmoniously prepared with fresh greens, unique ingredients, and local meats.  Then we have the sauces which include truffle oils, homemade pestos, and a famous olive tapenade.  (The tapenade recipe made its way into a book of to-die-for local trailer park recipes).  We called truce and decided to both order different paninis and then split them.  Radical problem solving, I know...  

Click to view the menu and all the FABULOUS ingredients!

Finally, we decided on our paninis.  The paninis are huge, at least half of a full baguette (made at local bakeries!).  The wait time depends on what you order but we waited under fifteen minutes and it was well worth it.  Meg orders "The Palermo"  which includes truffle oil, fontina, proscuitto, arugula, and crushed red pepper. Delicious.  Meaghan has a big crush on truffle oil.  The girl puts it on her eggs and swears by it.  The panini was light and savory.  Perfect for a quick lunch during the work week cuz it satisfying yet not adding a ten pound weight to your belly.  My criticism would be the amount of bread.  This is a lil carb conscious, I know, but I could do with some of the baguette shaved off.  My solution was to eat it like bruschetta by removing the top of the panini.

"The Palermo"


She loved it!  And so did I :)  Next comes the panini I chose, "The Sicilian."  This baby comes with Italian sausage from local meat company, mixed bell peppers, fennel, and mozzarella.  If you've got a hankerin for sausage then order this lovely.  This has got an action packed taste that really fills.  I enjoyed this one and honestly think Meg may have liked it more than me!  She is into the sausages...dont be a perv :)   I truly love mozzarella so the cheese on this was my favorite part but the flavors all mixed well together.  
My only criticism would be the sausage was a bold peppery taste that will stay with you all night.  I literally was still burping the flavor at midnight.  (Meg did not have this complaint so know that its just my sensitive stomach).  Again, with the amount of bread :(



"Sassage and Onions"

After finishing these bad boys, big a$$ cans of sweet tea, and bag of Miss Vickie's salt and vinegar chips we had zero room for dessert but the owner spoke highly of the two cannoli's offered with homemade filling.  One being chocolate and the other cherry pistachio.  I will return for these!  The owner was very friendly and came over to chat with us.  She was more than willing to discuss her sandwiches and the origin of her ingredients.  Fast and friendly service goes a long way in my book.  Of course I am super chatty so I like when people cater to my curiosity!  Thanks to my friend Pam for the recommendation on this place, I shall return! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment